Friday, June 12, 2015

Denver Endeavors

After spending a few days in a cabin in the woods, Adam and I ventured into Denver for some civilization. This vacation was the perfect compromise: Adam got his nature and I got my city life.  

We started our time in Denver with a visit to Casa Bonita.  While the food was terrible, the atmosphere lived up to its promise.  I remember going here as a kid and I think I had just as much fun this time.  We enjoyed the cliff divers, arcade and Black Bart's Cave.  


The following day, we visited Red Rocks Amphitheater.  Then, Adam kindly took me to ride the Alpine Slide.  I love visiting tourist traps!  You get to ride a ski lift up a mountain and then ride down the mountain on a track on a sled thing.  It was pretty fun racing down the mountain.  I think even Adam had fun.  


We had Little Man Ice Cream for lunch.  For two days in a row.  It was delish!  I had cupcake ice cream the first day and salted Oreo ice cream the next.  


While we did not visit any of the many marijuana dispensaries, we did partake in some craft beers.  We visited Denver Beer Co.  Apparently, that was the place to be!  Chelsea Clinton had been there earlier that evening to meet with some people about the Clinton Global Initiative.  Adam enjoyed the beer there.  I'm not really a beer drinker.  I hope we didn't offend the bartender when we asked which beer tasted the least like beer.  In case you're wondering, it was the Osaka Blonde.  


No vacation would be complete without shopping for souvenirs.  We stopped at lots of cute little shops and boutiques.  We ended up with some gifts for Jazzy and my parents to thank them for watching Jazzy, and this cute dish towel.  


It was lots of fun to get away and enjoy ourselves!  







No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!