Wednesday, February 17, 2016

You Simply Can't Have Too Many Organized Drawers

I believe that you simply can't have too many organized drawers.  My last drawer organizing project turned out so well, that I wanted to organize even more drawers!  My next target was the junk drawer that hangs out in our kitchen.  

Now, it wasn't terrible.  I had made some makeshift storage containers out of cardboard boxes that I wrapped in scrapbook paper.  They were okay, but not very sturdy.  And Adam and I had started to throw random items in there that we weren't sure where else to store.  


So, I set to work clearing out the drawer.  I went through each item and thought about whether or not I really needed it.  I ended up throwing away a bunch of junk, including a phone book (who even has a phone book anymore?), dried up super glue and just plain trash.   



I used a similar method for deciding which types of containers I needed that I used when completing the kitchen drawer organizing project.  To add a punch of fun to the drawer, I lined the bottom of it with some cute wrapping paper.  Then, I put the containers on top of it, like so.  


Then came the exciting part of filling up all the spaces.  It's much easier to find what we need now.  And it makes me happy when I open up the drawer and get to look at all that organized goodness.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!