Saturday, June 11, 2016

The Great Wall

I am so excited to share how our planter bed turned out!  I talked about how boring the side of our house was here.  I mean, look how boring this is: 


So, Adam got to work building us a beautiful retaining wall/planter bed.  His engineering skills helped him build a wall that was perfectly level and very solid.  I doubt this thing will be moving around anytime soon.  At one point, a neighbor of ours came over and asked if we were building the Great Wall of China.  :)   

Here's how that side of our house looks now: 



Isn't that such a huge improvement?  The wall looks super professional.  Just check out that curved part!  


While this project did take a lot of time on Adam's part, it was pretty inexpensive.  We used the paver stones from the circular garden in our backyard that we took out.  Since we took out the circular garden, we were also able to use the gravel, dirt and plants that were in it.  The only things we bought to complete this project were some paver base and mulch.

Since this side of the house gets very little sun, we planted hostas for the majority of the plants.  Hostas do very well in shade and there are lots of varieties to give you different colors and textures.  We also added some irises and peonies.  I'm not so sure how well they will do in the shade, but the plants were free so we thought we'd give it a shot.      


I find myself gravitating towards that side of the house now!  I like to wander over there and look at how pretty it is.  Nice work, Adam! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!