Saturday, July 15, 2017

My Couch Gets a Trim

Since I've been told to stick close to home during the second and third trimesters of my pregnancy, I've been spending a lot of time on the couch.  Spending as much time on the couch as I have, I've noticed the fabric on some of our cushions is starting to pill or get those little, annoying lint balls that can't be brushed away.  Here, let me show you: 


You can't see these lint balls unless you are looking directly at the couch.  In fact, Adam had no idea what I walk talking about when I told him I ordered a "fabric defuzzer" (yes, that is the official name) from Amazon to get the lint balls off our couch.  The fabric defuzzer I chose had lots of good reviews and was pretty cheap, around $10.  On a side note, it does require 2 AA batteries that are not included.    


Once it arrived, I was excited to give it a go.  I was a bit nervous that it would booger up the couch cushions somehow that would be far more noticeable than the lint balls ever were.  So I tested it out on a small section that could easily be covered with a throw pillow if need be.  The fabric defuzzer had three different distance settings.  I started with the shortest distance setting, but eventually moved it to the middle distance setting. 
  

I'm happy to report that it didn't mess up the cushions and took care of all those pesky lint balls!  Just look at all those lint balls the defuzzer collected!  It's the little things in life that bring me joy.    


Look at the difference it made!  The before picture is on the top and the after is on the bottom.  It looks like a brand new couch!    



I noticed on the box that it said it gets rid of lint balls on other surfaces besides upholstery, like sweaters. I decided to test out how it did on sweaters.  I got one of my sweaters that had some pilling in the armpit area.  I used the shortest distance setting and it made the pills disappear!  It's a little tricky to see the difference in the pictures below, but the difference is very clear in person!  



I'm pretty darn excited about my new "tool."  All the other lint balls in my house better watch out!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!