Thursday, August 27, 2015

Whooooooo Loves Estate Sales?

Me! 

I was driving home from school today and saw one of my most favorite things in the world: an estate sale sign!  So, I drove across two lanes of traffic to make the turn towards the sign.  I promise I did so in a safe manner.  

After I followed the signs to the house, I walked towards the door with a skip in my step.  I was giddy with the possibility of finding a treasure.  I imagine this is how deep sea divers feel when they're hunting for gold.

So, I walked into the house and was greeted with quite the collection of owls.  There were owl statues and owl plates.  Owl figurines and owl throw pillows.  Anything and everything you could imagine...with an owl on it.  While I don't share the same owl fetish this homeowner used to have, I did find one cute, little, glass owl.  He was calling my name.  After I saw his $3 price tag, I decided he could come home with me.

I finished roaming around the house and ended up with some small foam wreaths.  I figured I could make a wreath for my classroom door or maybe one for my front door.  I'll keep you posted. 

I didn't have any cash with me, but they did accept credit cards.  However, I had to spend at least $5.  I asked them if they could just charge me $5 so I could use my credit card.  The little old ladies running the sale tried to get me to take another owl trinket, but I kindly declined.  One owl trinket is enough for my house.  Eventually I talked them into charging me the extra dollar.  I didn't realize it would be so difficult to pay people more money than they were asking!  
    

I was very happy with my finds.  I put the owl on my dresser in my room for now.  I'm not sure if that will be his permanent perch, but it works for now.  


So keep your eyes peeled for any estate sale signs!  You just never know what treasures you may find.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!