Monday, September 7, 2015

Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na... BAT HOUSE!

Adam's been busy with his latest project.  He built and hung a bat house in our backyard.


When Adam first told me he was going to build a bat house for our backyard, I was a little iffy.  Bats are spooky to me and I didn't exactly like the idea of them flying around my yard.  But Adam informed me that there were already bats flying around our house at night.  Why not make them a little home to sleep in during the day?  He also informed me that bats eat bugs, which we have plenty of in our backyard.  I liked the idea of bugs disappearing from our backyard.


So Adam gathered inspiration from the bat house plan in this book.  Then he whipped up a plan of his own. He was able to use some of the wood that he has collected, which helped minimize the cost of the project.


Adam even went so far as to burn a bat symbol on the front of the bat house.  He made a template and used it to burn the symbol on the cedar.  I think it's a nice touch.  


He hung in on the trunk of a big tree in our backyard.  I can see it from my bedroom window and it makes me smile when I look out and see it hanging there.  I'm reminded of how creative and handy Adam is.  And how he's always thinking of ways to make our home just a little bit better.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!