Thursday, September 17, 2015

Fall Is On Its Way!

As much as I adore summer, I am getting excited about fall.  I do love the cooler temperatures and fun outdoor activities.  Who doesn't love a good corn maze or apple-picking adventure?  

I am equally excited to change up the decor around my house.  I have made a few simple changes to welcome in the fall season.  They are easy ideas that can be easily replicated.  Plus, they add a little fall flair to your home.  

To dress up the front of my house, I switched out the summer annuals to mums in the big pot that sits in my driveway.  Instead of buying the bigger plants, I just bought three little ones and potted them close together.  The smaller plants were just 97 cents each, while the bigger plant of equal size was 6 bucks. Hooray for saving money! 


I also switched out the mason jars in my rustic crate centerpiece for some apples. They fit perfectly and were a cute nod to the season.  I went with granny smith apples because I liked the green color and they picked up the green in my table runner.  Pretty simple and pretty cheap.    


Finally, I hung up my fall rag wreath on my front door.  I created it using this method.  Even though all the leaves in my yard are still green, I'm sure they will be changing colors soon.  Once they finally do, the colors will match my wreath.    


Happy fall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!