Thursday, August 11, 2016

Home Sweet Jazzy

Since I'm a teacher, I have the awesome perk of a summer break.  I certainly jammed a lot into this summer.  While I had a blast on all my travels, there was one huge drawback to being away from home so much.  I missed Jazzy like crazy!

I started my summer by traveling to Portland and Seattle with Adam to celebrate our 5th anniversary. While we were gone, Jazzy was being spoiled rotten by my parents.  

Then I got to spend a week in Gulf Shores, Alabama, with my parents.  Sadly, Adam had to work so he couldn't come along.  So he and Jazzy hung out together while I was gone.

From there Adam and I spent time in Pittsburgh.  Jazzy went back to my parents for more spoiling.

And this past weekend we went to explore Johnson's Shut-Ins with my family.  Adam's mom was in town, so she was kind enough to take care of Jazzy.  

I'm not going to lie, a good portion of my travels was spent thinking about Jazzy.  Did she miss me as much as I missed her?  What was she doing?  Which souvenir would she like me to buy for her?  

She is such a big part of my life that it was hard to be away from her so much this summer.  As much as Adam likes me, he doesn't get quite as excited as Jazzy does when I walk through the door.  It definitely felt like there was something missing by not having Jazzy around me.  

Ever since returning from my travels, Jazzy has expressed just how much she missed me by sticking close to my side.  She's been keeping a very close eye on me to make sure I don't leave again.     


It's been pretty tricky trying to type up posts lately.  Whenever I get my laptop out, Jazzy pummels over it to get to my lap.  So you can blame Jazzy for my recent lack of posts. 


I'm so happy to be staying home for awhile so I get to spend time with my sweet Jazzy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!