Thursday, February 23, 2017

Preparing for IVF

Note: I wrote this post back in November, right after Adam and I decided to move forward with IVF.  I am sharing it so you can get an idea of what it was like for us to make this big decision.  

Adam and I decided to move forward with IVF.  I'm feeling all sorts of feelings right now.  

I am excited and giddy with the prospect of IVF giving us a healthy pregnancy.  I really feel like this will work for us, the odds are certainly in our favor.  

I am worried about giving myself shots and going through the egg retrieval surgery.  I am overwhelmed with trying to wrap my brain around the whole process.

I am nervous about how I'll respond to the all the medications.  And I'm nervous about how the egg retrieval will go.  Yep, definitely a lot of feelings!      

But above all, I am hopeful.  This is our absolute best chance of getting pregnant.  And I think being hopeful is super important right now, so that's what I'm going to be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!