Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Third Trimester

Much like any pregnancy, my third trimester has been the most difficult.  I've been pretty uncomfortable and have felt like a tank walking around.  But I've also been so excited that the babies have stayed in my belly as long as they have!  The longer they stay put, the healthier they will be in the end!  

(As it turns out, the babies almost made it to 36 weeks.  They made it to 35 weeks and 6 days, just 3 hours shy of 36 weeks.)

Here's my third trimester in photo form: 





1.  I now know how turtles feel when they get stuck on their backs.  When I switch sides in bed at night, it is quite the production!  I can't believe I don't wake up Adam as I'm flailing around on my back, trying to get enough momentum going to make it to my other side.  I don't even want to know what I look like!    

2.  My babies are BIG!  They've always measured above the norm, which is a very good thing, especially for twins.  But that also means they are HEAVY!  I feel like my legs might snap whenever I'm walking around from the weight.  And don't get me started about stretch marks...let's just say my bikini-wearing days are over.  My sweet babies are totally worth all the stretch marks.  And my sweet husband said my stomach just looks like it has really cool wood grain, much like the exotic woods he likes to do woodworking projects with.  I love him!  

3. Both babies are head down, which is great!  I would love to avoid a c-section, but will obviously do whatever is best for the babies.  We'll see what happens!  Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!