Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Eleven Months!

We are quickly closing in on a year!  Archer and Lyla made it to the eleven month mark today.  They are both growing so much every single day!  The seem to pick up new skills each and every day.  Both Lyla and Archer are on the move.  They despise holding still, especially when I am trying to take their picture.  This is the best I could do in trying to get them both in one picture.   


They are both starting to understand what words actually mean.  They've known Momma, Dada, and Jazzy for quite awhile now.  But now they know what "no no," "hi," "bye," wave," "shake," "clap," and "yuck" mean.  Archer can even say "yuck."  It's incredible how much they soak up language.  

Archer has had an exciting month!  He recently took his first unassisted steps!  He's pretty darn sturdy and has taken up to five steps on his own.  He even manages to stand up on his own without holding onto anything.  I'm sure Lyla will take note and be walking in no time.   


Archer still has separation anxiety big time and gets very upset when I leave.  He even throws a fit if I go in the kitchen and he can still see me.  I am hoping this starts to ease up soon!  He is starting to get more comfortable smiling at random people we see at the store.  He'd never be okay with them holding him, but he'll at least smile and wave at them now.  


He loves to jabber in his own little language.  He loves Jazzy and tries to pet her, but he can't quite get the concept of being gentle down.  He loves to climb on and off the fireplace and on his Pikler triangle.  He loves to be chased and will squeal with delight when we say, "I'm gonna get you!"  He loves bath time and being read a bedtime story.  He loves swinging in his swing and taking walks while riding in the stroller.   


He's been working on stacking his blocks.  He can't quite get the hang of it yet, which makes him mad.  The fact that I taped the knobs to the doors on the tv stand shut also makes him mad.  He also gets mad when he's hungry.  Other than those times, he's a pretty happy guy.  

Lyla continues to be strong-willed and independent.  She's content to crawl and gets around very quickly.  When I try to get her to walk towards me, she just plops down and crawls to me.  She is very into cruising around furniture.  She loves to walk along the edge of her toy basket and toss out every toy behind her head.  She also loves to walk along the window sill, especially if she sees a bird or bunny or Jazzy.  


Lyla is still my little social butterfly.  She offers up anyone she sees her smile and dimples.  She eats up all the attention people give her.  She loves to look out the window in her high chair and wave as all the neighbors check their mail or leave in their cars.  


Lyla wakes up happy and is content to play on her own.  She loves to jabber to herself and "read" books.  She's not so much a fan of getting her face wet during bath time.  She and Archer are starting swimming lessons soon, so we'll see how that works out.  She loves to climb on her Pikler triangle and up the stairs.  She's pretty good about stopping when she comes to the top of the stairs, but I still don't trust her to be on her own around stairs.  She loves to chew on my tassel key chain and take Jazzy to check the mail.  She only enjoys being in the stroller for about 10 minutes, so we either go on short walks or I wear her.  She's quite content when I wear her, but unfortunately it's been in the 90s for awhile so we're both soaked when we finish our walks.    


These sweethearts have certainly stolen my heart!  I am starting to plan their 1st birthday party and it's so hard to believe they are almost a year old!  It's certainly been a crazy, overwhelming, but incredibly amazing, time so far!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!