Thursday, December 20, 2018

Jazzy's 4th Gotcha Day

We recently celebrated Jazzy's 4th Gotcha Day.  It's crazy to think she's been with us for four years now, yet I can't really believe there was ever a time she wasn't a part of our family.  Jazzy truly rescued me when I needed rescuing most.  She has provided both Adam and I with so much love and comfort over these last four years.  She's truly a special dog.

 

Jazzy's Gotcha Day this year was a bit chaotic.  It happened to land in the middle of our kitchen tiling adventure.  So I wasn't able to fully devote all my attention to her, as she deserved.  But I definitely was able to give her some extra treats and snuggles.  My mom was in town and got to spoil her a bit, too.


I picked up a pig ear for Jazzy to enjoy.  I can't really understand why she enjoys those horribly-smelling things, but she does.  So she got one on her special day.  She certainly didn't savor it.  Jazzy gobbled the whole thing up in a matter of a few minutes.


My mom kindly took Jazzy for a walk while I kept an eye on how things were progressing in the kitchen.  I feel horribly guilty that Jazzy doesn't get to go on all the walks she used to get to go on before the babies arrived.  But as long as it's not pouring down rain or terribly cold, the kids and I try to take Jazzy for a walk each day.  And Adam still tries to take her on a run at night.  Jazzy is such a good girl and seems to understand that things are just different these days.

Jazzy continues to be a good big sister.  Her bond with Archer and Lyla seems to grow stronger as they share more food with her.  Both Lyla and Archer are quite generous with their graham crackers and Cheerios.  Jazzy will occasionally try to play with the kids, though none of them are quite sure how to play together just yet.  It's still pretty cute to watch them try to figure it out.

I love Jazzy more than ever.  There are so many moments during the day when Jazzy and I will share a glance when the kids are acting crazy.  She seems to say, "I don't know what you're looking at me for.  You brought these two wild animals into our home."  Jazzy has a pretty good sense of humor.


One of my favorite moments of the day is when I get into bed and Jazzy runs up to join me.  She'll turn around, lay down next to me, and scoot her little body towards me until we're touching.  I love her so much and she loves me.  I can't imagine Jazzy not being a part of our family.  I'm so happy we got her four years ago!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!