Monday, August 12, 2019

Archer and Lyla's Second Birthday Party

I was so excited to plan Archer and Lyla's second birthday party!  I chose a Sesame Street theme since they are all about all things Sesame Street these days.  Their favorite thing to do is watch this old Elmo's World DVD from the 90s.  We've seen the thing hundreds of times by now!

I wanted to keep things simple, like last year's party.  Because let's face it, they won't remember anything from this day.  But I still wanted to make it special for them.

We decided to keep it small and just invite our families.  I whipped up an invitation on Google Drawings and Adam had them printed at the print shop at his work.  I was way too excited when I found out the United States Post Office was releasing Sesame Street stamps just in time to send out the invitations!  (I realize this makes me a loser for admitting this.) 


The food was simple.  We ordered pizza from a local pizza restaurant since both Archer and Lyla are pizza lovers.  I also made some fun fruit trays that somewhat resembled Elmo, Cookie Monster, and Oscar.  Lyla and Archer love strawberries, blueberries, and grapes so it was perfect!  I also included some fruit dip, which basically negated any of the health factor of the fruit, but that's what birthdays are for, right?  


I made some red velvet cupcakes with Sesame Street cupcake liners we got from Party City.  Archer and Lyla went with me to get them.  I think we should all get medals for that shopping trip.  I let them walk through the store, which had all sorts of toys and candy at their level.  But they listened quite well and we made it to the checkout lane.  They loved their cupcakes, and they each even blew out their own candle!  Adam had been practicing with them beforehand, so it was cute to watch them show off their new skill.  


It's funny how cute I think they look with cupcake all over their faces when it's their birthday.  I somehow don't find it as cute when they rub yogurt in their hair or ketchup on their cheeks on any other day.


I kept the decorations nice and simple too.  I got some streamers from the dollar store and the happy birthday balloon from the dollar spot at Target.  So for just a few bucks, I whipped up the perfect backdrop with the help of Adam and my mom.  


All in all, it was a fun day!  We didn't have much on the agenda aside from eating lunch and singing happy birthday.  It turned out to be a nice day, so we spent some time in the backyard.  Cupcakes aside, I think Archer and Lyla's favorite part of the day was opening their presents.  Our sweet family sure spoiled them rotten!  Lyla and Archer are so lucky to have so many people who love them!  I know they were super happy to have so many people they love spend their birthday with them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!