Friday, February 27, 2015

5 Reasons I Love Jazzy

I can't begin to describe how much love and sheer happiness my dog Jazzy has brought into my life.  But, for blogging's sake, I will try to put into words the top 5 reasons I love her.

1.  She acts like I'm the best, most wonderful person in the world.  Now, I have a background in elementary education, and kids can do a pretty powerful job of making you feel special.  But that is nothing in comparison to how Jazzy makes me feel.  When I come home from work, it's as if I am Beyonce to her. 

2.  Jazzy cracks me up.  I'm sure everyone thinks their dog is the cutest, but Jazzy really is the cutest dog in the world.  I can't handle it when she carries her dental bones around in her mouth so it looks like she's smoking a cigar and then buries it in the throw pillows on the guest bedroom.  Sorry if there's dog hair all over your bed when you visit, Mom and Dad!



3.  I'm never lonely anymore.  I used to come home from work to an empty house.  When Adam would do something with a friend, I would be home alone.  Not anymore.  Jazzy's always there to keep me company and give me someone to talk to.  This conversation with Adam is further proof:

After walking into the kitchen from the living room, where I just spent half an hour talking to my mom on the phone...
Adam:  What have you been up to?
Me: I was just talking to my mom.
Adam: Oh, I thought you were talking to Jazzy.  
Me:  You thought I just spent the last half hour talking to Jazzy? 
Adam:  Well, you do like to talk to her.

Fair enough.


4.  I have something to say when people ask if I have kids.  I hate that question, but being close to 30, it's one I tend to get asked a lot.  So now, instead of having to say, "No, I don't have any kids," and then halting the conversation to an awkward pause, I can say, "No, I don't have any kids, but I do have a dog."  And then I can tell about the latest cute/sweet/funny thing Jazzy did.  

5.  Jazzy has helped fill a hole in my heart.  Since losing my baby, I literally feel like a chunk of my heart is missing.  Nothing will ever completely replace that chunk, but Jazzy sure has made a dent.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!