Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Our Plant Gets Some New Digs

Somehow, and I don't really know how, I have managed to keep a plant alive for more than a year.  I have probably just jinxed myself now.  I've never really had a green thumb and have killed more than my fair share of houseplants.  I really love how much life they bring to a room, so I continuously try to keep new plants alive and thriving in our house.  

One plant has managed to stick around for over a year now.  We got it at a greenhouse after telling the greenhouse guy that I tend to kill everything and the windows in the back of our house don't get much light because of our covered deck out back.  I'm pretty sure it is called a ZZ Plant.  

So, it has been hanging out on one of the stools from our table for a year.  It worked out just fine, but we lost a seat and it was also a bit low to take full advantage of what little sunlight came through the window.  

Adam found an idea for a plant stand in a woodworking book he got from the library.  So, he whipped up a plant stand using the idea from the book as inspiration.


It fits the window nicely and brings the height of the plant up so it can get more sunlight throughout the day.  


The overall cost of the project was pretty low.  Adam was able to use lumber that he already had and we got the slate tile from Restore for a buck.  


It's such a cute little stand.  It's even got a little shelf on the base.  I haven't decided what to put there yet, but I'm sure something will come to mind soon.    


Adam is turning into quite the woodworker.  I can't wait to see what he builds next! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!