Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Trying Out A Conference

One of my co-workers asked me if I had ever heard of Kansas City Infertility Awareness and if I might be interested in attending their Annual Family Building Conference.  I was touched that she thought of me and decided to look into it.  

I've never attended any sort of conference or support group surrounding infertility, so I'm not really sure what to expect.  I don't know how many people will be there or what exactly the format of the presentations will look like.  I am hoping the vision I have of people sitting in a circle, introducing themselves by saying, "Hi, I'm Sara and I'm infertile," is far from the reality of the conference.  I'm also hoping it won't be overly centered on religion.  I'm open to the idea of learning more about infertility and connecting with others dealing with similar infertility struggles.  I figured it was worth a shot and I might even walk away from it with new information or a new perspective.    

It looks like there will be a keynote speaker and then several breakout sessions afterwards.  I signed up for the In-Vitro Fertilization Session and the Adoption Session.  I'm not sure which direction, if any, Adam and I are headed in, but figured information on both topics would be steps in the right direction.  It is a free event, but you do need to sign up to attend.  

I thought I would share about this event, in case there is anyone in the Kansas City area who might be interested in attending.  Click here if you would like to sign up to attend.  I'll be sure to report back and let you all know how it went.    

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!