Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Decorating With Jazzy In Mind

It's no surprise that Jazzy is a hugely important part of my life.  So it shouldn't shock you to find out that many of my home decor decisions are made with Jazzy in mind.  Allow me to share some examples in case you have a four-legged family member to keep in mind too.  

Jazzy has claimed several spots around the house as her own.  Adam and I don't really have a say in which spots she has decided are hers, so we just have to decorate around them.  One of Jazzy's favorite spots is the couch cushion in front of our window.  She picked out this spot when we bought our sectional.  We thought it was cute and didn't really think about what it might mean for the sectional.  Fast forward a year and we now have a permanently-stained, dented cushion.  While Jazzy stays pretty clean most of the time, the top of the cushion where she lays now has a stain on it.  I guess it's from her body oil? Regardless, I haven't found a way to get rid of it.  I can take off the cover and have tried to wash it, but haven't had any luck with removing the stain.  


Enter the throw blanket!  A blanket causally thrown over the cushion adds a little touch of charm while also covering up the Jazzy-shaped stain on the cushion.  Problem solved!  



Jazzy has also taken over our bedroom, in addition to the living room.  She likes to jump up on our bed and sleep on our pillows.  This means I have to put a clean pillowcase on my pillow on the days she picks my pillows.  Instead of telling Jazzy she can't get up on our bed, we have simply chosen to make it easier for her to do so.  You see, our bed is pretty high up and it's a big jump for Jazzy's little legs.  We didn't want her hurting herself while jumping up or jumping down, so we decided to get a bench for the front of the bed to serve as a step for Jazzy.  (I realize we are ridiculous.)  After searching for the perfect bench in the right size, I came across one at Kirkland's.  It was on sale and I opted for the pick up in store option to prevent paying for shipping.  Long story short, it turned out to be a huge hassle and took a month to make it to my house.  The customer service folks I spoke with weren't super helpful either.  If you like the bench, I'd definitely suggest buying it directly from the store.  But I do like it, it's the perfect size and it provides a nice step down or up for Jazzy.  


It's also been a handy seat when putting on socks and a nice perch for the laundry basket when I'm putting away laundry.  So while it was mainly for Jazzy, I get some perks out of it too.  


The final Jazzy-inspired decor item I'll share with you it her giant basket of toys.  It's a bit ironic that Jazzy has a whole big basket for a bunch of toys she rarely plays with.  She'll occasionally play tug of war with her toys if Adam or I instigate playing with her.  But she's never started playing with one of her toys on her own.  Nevertheless, we have a bunch of toys for her.  And we keep them in a tall basket in our living room.  Along with housing Jazzy's toys, it also covers up an outlet and helps fill the open space in front of the sofa table Adam built.  


Is Jazzy spoiled or what?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!