Saturday, November 11, 2017

Three Months!

Time continues to fly by at warp speed!  Archer and Lyla turned 3 months old on November 3, 2017.  I seriously don't know where those last 3 months have gone.  I know they happened, but it's still hard for me to wrap my brain around them.  



I feel like we turned a corner as soon as Lyla and Archer hit the 3 month mark.  They have both been more interested in doing things that don't involve someone holding them.  That makes it remarkably easier for me to eat and go to the bathroom and take showers.  They are content to lay on a blanket on the floor, sit in the bouncy seat or take a ride in the swing.  



I've just now spent a few days with just them and me.  I have to admit, I was slightly terrified to be alone with both of them.  I feel awful when they are both crying at the same time!  I want to be able to console each of them, but when I try to console both at the same time usually no one ends up happy.  But I think they have both taken pity on me and agreed to be good when it's just me around.  Here's Archer planting the seed for Lyla.  



They are so much more fun now too!  They both are generally happy now and love to smile.  In addition to smiling, they are also cooing more.  It's absolutely adorable!  They've even paid attention to one another lately.  While they still manage to smack one another in the face fairly regularly, they are having more fun together.



I always figured they would have this bond from the get-go, but they really couldn't have cared less about each other up until this point.  Now they like to look at each other and have darling conversations.  Adam caught one of these conversations in the video below.  



Archer loves to kick these days.  He kicks his little heart out in the bath and while laying on the activity mat.  He smiles all the time, but always seem to stop when I'm trying to take his picture.  He is sleeping longer at night, but still wakes up for a feeding around 3 in the morning.  He still loves to be swaddled at night.  He used to fight us when we tried to swaddle him and work his hands up to his face.  So I left his swaddle off one night and it was too much for the poor guy!  His startle reflex is still going strong, so each time I checked on him his arms and legs were flailing around.  The following night, and every night since, he lays his arms by his sides when I put his swaddle sleep sack on as if to say, "Please wrap me up tight!"  

Since he still hasn't outgrown his startle reflex, loud noises scare the crap out of him.  I had him in a bouncy seat in front of the couch when I was going to pump the other day.  I undid the Velcro to my pump and you would have thought I set off a firecracker.  It took a good 5 minutes of consoling him before I was able to pump!  Adam has a particularly loud sneeze and that also sets Archer off.  Poor boo boo!  



Lyla seems to be much happier these days!  Now that we have her on formula since she has a dairy allergy, she enjoys eating.  We also give her baby Zantac to help with her acid reflux.  The combination of the two has significantly cut down on the amount of screaming she was doing.  She smiles lots and coos.  She loves to stare up at the mobile on the swing we have and the mobile above her crib.  She gets bored easily and likes to change up the activities she's doing on a regular basis.  She's also discovered her hands and likes to suck on her fingers.  She's even got her thumb in her mouth quite a bit.  I think she's going to be a thumb-sucker.     


They each grow so much from month to month, even day to day!  Heck sometimes I feel like they've grown when they wake up from a nap!  I am so in love with them both and am so freaking lucky to get to be their mom.  I can't wait to see what the next month will bring!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!