Sunday, October 22, 2017

Two Months!

Archer and Lyla turned two months old on October 3, 2017.  It's incredible the amount of growing they did in their first two months.  They are filling out and gaining good weight.  They are paying more attention to people and the things around them.  They are also getting more comfortable with Jazzy's kisses! 
 

Lyla continues to be very fussy and screams quite a lot.  At least we know she has strong lungs and knows how to speak her mind!  She loves to look at lights and ceiling fans.  Her favorite place to be is outside.  


Archer is still very laid-back.  He is generally pretty happy, aside from when he's hungry or needs to poop!  And he smiled on purpose at me for the very first time!  Talk about melting my heart!  


Archer and Lyla pretty much ignore each other.  I thought they would have this super close bond from the get-go.  They did spend a good chunk of time cooking together in my belly, after all.  But they really couldn't care less about each other.  It will be fun to see when they actually start noticing each other!  


Adam and I are falling into more of a groove with them both.  We are slowly learning what they like and don't like.  We are also getting more comfortable with each other.  Adam can change a diaper like nobody's business and I am learning just what to do to soothe each of them.  

We have been beyond fortunate to have my mom and Adam's mom help us out!  My mom spends the first half of the week with us.  She's with me while Adam is at work and helps with the night feedings so Adam and I can get some sleep.  Adam have taken FMLA leave and stays home with us on Thursdays and Fridays.  It's been so wonderful to have him around and watch him with our babies.  Janet takes over the night feedings for the latter part of the week, which allows Adam and I to get more shut-eye.  I really don't know how we would have survived these first two months without our moms!  It truly does take a village and we are super lucky to have so much help!  

I can't wait to see what the next month will bring!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!