Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Six Months!

I can hardly believe Adam and I have managed to keep our babies alive and well for half a year already!  Where does the time go?  Even Archer seems to be baffled by the fact that he is six months old already. 


They are both getting to be so much fun!  Their little personalities are really shining through.  It's also been fun to see them interact with one another more so these days.  They love to look at each other and touch each other's faces.  They also like to take toys away from each other.  This may not bode well for the future!    


Lyla is super observant.  You can just see the wheels turning in her head when she looks things over.  She is into taking off her socks so she can suck on her toes.  She puts everything in her mouth and drools constantly.  She also likes to reach for things and grab whatever she can get her hands on.  She also likes to bang her toys around and drop them on the ground, which is cute the first three or so times she does it. 


Miss Lyla is a napping champ and takes her naps in her crib during the day.  She doesn't put up a fight generally and goes right to sleep as soon as she puts her thumb in her mouth.  Lyla likes to eat all sorts of baby food and is a pretty tidy eater.  She is generally happy these days, because I think her reflux is finally under control.  She is a fan of jumping in the Johnny Jump Up and our dance parties each afternoon.  She loves her cheeks kissed and laughs really big when she gets tickled.  I generally end up crying when she laughs because it's just so gosh-darned sweet!  


Archer got his first tooth!  It's pretty exciting, though he's been super cranky.  As soon as it popped through, he's been more chill.  He's really into talking these days, especially at 3 in the morning.  When he wakes up from his naps, he's content to just chat to himself for a bit.  Archer is a big fan of solids and hasn't met a food he doesn't like.  He likes to move his hands around and is mesmerized that he can make them move on his own!  He reaches his little arms up when he wants me to pick him up, which I adore!  


He likes to snuggle with me and have his cheeks smooched.  He's got jumping down in the Johnny Jump Up and loves to lounge in his baths.  His new favorite thing to do is roll onto his belly and then get angry that he's on his belly.  Silly boy.   He likes to feel everything, especially the back of the couch.  He's gotten really good at sitting with some help from us.  It's funny to watch him try to sit up in his Rock N' Play after a nap.  I can see his little head bobbing up and down.    


Both babies can scoot a bit while on their tummies, especially if they have something to brace their feet on.  They also like to pivot around on their bellies like slow-moving breakdancers.  When I go from the living room to the kitchen to wash my hands after changing their diapers, I'm always amazed at where I find them when I come back.  They're rarely where I left them.  I am equal parts excited and terrified for the crawling stage.  I think I'm busy now, but chasing after them will be a whole new kind of busy!  


I love these sweet knuckleheads so very much!  Their smiles light up my days (and nights).  Their little arms wrapped around my neck let me know I'm doing something right.  And their giggles make me cry every single time.  Man, am I lucky!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!