Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Lyla & Archer Go Swimming

I think both Lyla and Archer's favorite part of each day is bath time.  As soon as we lay them on the floor of the bathroom, they are instantly happy and pumped for their baths.  So Adam and I thought taking them swimming would be right up their alley.  We're lucky that the place Adam's mom lives has a pool.  (Thanks for sharing, Nana Janet!)  So we bundled up the babies on this chilly day and decided to take them swimming!  My parents were in town so we brought them along too.

The pool was heated, as was the building the pool was located in.  It was nice and toasty in that building, which was perfect for Lyla and Archer to finish up their naps.  (Side note: I'm so jealous of Lyla's lush eyelashes.)


Look at that cute boy.  He's very serious about his sleep.  


While the babies were wrapping up their naps, we all took turns getting changed into our swimsuits.  I got a new one-piece mom suit to keep the abundance of stretch marks all over my belly under wraps.  But don't worry...it didn't have a skirt.  Though I'm not knocking skirted swimsuits.  

When the babies woke up, they were quite perplexed about where they were.  They looked all around and you could tell they were trying to figure out where they were and what we were doing.  So we got them all ready to go swimming.  We put on their swim diapers and swimsuits.  Lyla wore one of my swimsuits from when I was a baby, thanks to Grandma keeping it around.  Archer wore a swimsuit that was kindly given to him as a gift when he was born by one of my mom's co-workers.  (Thanks, Janet!)  They both looked adorable!  Here's proof:   


I must say, I enjoy having babies to hold in front of me when wearing a swimsuit.  They come in quite handy.  


We eased them into the water and you could see them trying to figure out what the heck was going on.  They kept looking around.  Eventually they realized they were in a giant bathtub and started to enjoy themselves.  Lyla started splashing with her hands.  It was so cute!  She would splash and get water on her face, which she typically isn't a fan of during her baths.  She would gasp and act all surprised.  Then she'd splash again.  After a few minutes she got used to the water being on her face and didn't even seem to mind.    


Archer was content to splash and kick to his heart's desire.  He loved the water!  He definitely didn't mind the water in his face.   


It was such a fun time with the babies!  Along with it being a new adventure for the babies, it gave Adam and I a glimmer of all the fun that's in store.  We've spent most of our time at home because it was such a chore to take the babies anywhere.  The planning and packing that was required to go anywhere was exhausting and just didn't seem worth the effort when they were little.  Plus, they both did so much screaming in their early days.  They both have definitely mellowed out as they've gotten older, they don't have to eat every hour and they actually seem to enjoy new environments.  I can't wait to explore even more new experiences with our babies!    


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!