Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Blank Canvas + Red Paint Pen = Easy Holiday Decor

After putting up our Christmas decorations, I realized my mantle needed a little more Christmas cheer.  I wanted to find some sort of large-scale artwork that would tie in the red color of our stockings.  I looked at several websites and saw some cute options.  However, I did not like the prices.  After mulling over my options, I decided I could just make my own artwork!   

Off to Hobby Lobby I went.  I bought a large 20" x 20" blank canvas and a red paint pen.  My total cost was around 12 bucks.  I, of course, used a 40% off coupon that I found on Hobby Lobby's website.  

Once I got home, I started to plan out my artwork.  I decided to write different words that represented the holiday season using different fonts.  I wrote my first few words lightly in pencil.  


After I got my first words on the canvas, I just eyeballed the rest of them.  I did write them on paper first to get the hang of each font.  I didn't pay too much attention to spacing, but I got lucky and it turned out pretty cute!  It looks very nice on our mantle and definitely brings in the red color from our stockings. Isn't that little plaid stocking for Jazzy just darling?   


This was a super easy project and it really does bring some extra holiday cheer to our living room.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!