Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Merry & Bright

There's just something about Christmas decorations that make your house more festive.  Adam and I finally got around to putting up our outdoor lights this past weekend.  One good thing about it getting dark so early is that we can enjoy the lights a bit longer.  Adam set them up on a timer, so we don't even have to remember to turn them on and off.    


Adam was kind enough to get me some real garland from Home Depot on Black Friday.  We put it up and it helps dress up the house during the daytime, too.  


Adam also picked up a real pine wreath for the front door.  Every time we open the front door, we get a big whiff of pine.  I guess it makes up for us having a fake tree.  


Some of my favorite decorations are the little touches throughout the house.  Like the Santa on the entry table...


...and the snowflakes hung from the kitchen lights...


...and the hand towel by the kitchen sink.  They all serve as little reminders to enjoy the season while it lasts.  


I especially love our tree.  We invested in a larger tree after Christmas last year.  We got a great deal because we bought it after Christmas.  This was the first year we got to put it up and it's quite a bit bigger than our tree last year.  I'm not quite sure how all the ornaments we had ever fit on our smaller tree! 


Jazzy's favorite ornament is the one she made.  I might have to agree with her.  


Our mantle looks pretty festive, thanks to the help of some easy canvas artwork...  


...and one of my favorite words.


After finding a cute "Merry & Bright" pillow from TJ Maxx, I made some coordinating throw pillows to add to the couch and chaise.  Adam's eyebrows went up a bit when I showed him the pillow I bought for $15. But they went back down after I reminded him he just bought a nail gun that cost far more.    


 Jazzy approves of the pillows.  She's looking forward to putting dents in them.  


Hope you and yours have a holiday season that's merry and bright! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!