Monday, December 7, 2015

"Good Luck."

On my way home from work today, I stopped by Walgreens to pick up an ovulation predictor kit.  I've lost track of how many of these I've bought and have spent a small fortune.  I'm not really sure why I keep buying them, but I do.  

When I made it to the check out lane, the cashier greeted me with a warm smile.  She was this sweet lady, maybe in her 40s.  You could tell English wasn't her first language, but she was very kind to each customer and tried her best to make small talk with each person.  After she rang up the ovulation predictor kit, she said, "Wow, that's kind of expensive!"  I agreed.  She then proceeded to look for a coupon in a booklet she had at the cash register.  She couldn't find one, but I was touched that she looked for one.  As she handed me my receipt, she looked at me with the kindest eyes and said, "Good luck." 

I'm not sure why it touched me so much, but she had such a hopeful look on her face.  I felt like she really meant it and was pulling for me.  

It still surprises me how much kindness random strangers can give to one another.  You see countless stories about people doing kind things, both big and small, for perfect strangers.  Usually these stories make me start bawling like a lunatic, but they really do make me happy.  In a world where there's so much negativity, it's nice to see glimpses of kindness.  

So, I will take that kind cashier's good luck wish and carry it with me this month.  And try to spread around a little kindness of my own.  

Throw kindness around like confetti Art Print

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!