Sunday, September 25, 2016

Retail Therapy

What's a girl to do when she finds out she's not pregnant for the billionth month in a row?  A little retail therapy, that's what!  And that's exactly what I spent my Saturday doing.  I happened to get a $65 rebate from purchasing my contacts in the mail recently and I decided to drown my sorrows in a little retail therapy.

I hit up TJ Maxx and Target, two of my favorite stores.  The main item I was searching for was a new tray for the ottoman in my living room.  The painted white tray that was living on our ottoman had done a fine job, but it was starting to look not so pretty.  The white paint was starting to loose its luster and I was ready for something new. 

I ended up finding this beauty at Target in the kitchen section.  It's a pretty good size and has a darker wood finish.  While I doubt it's completely waterproof, it does seem to have a finish on it that is more durable than my last tray.  The round shape mimics the round ottoman and is a nice contrast to the light fabric.   


I also found the perfect new remote holder at TJ Maxx.  I'm not entirely sure of it's original purpose. Maybe a candle holder?  But it makes the perfect remote caddy.  It's got a brass finish, which ties in with the new knobs on the tv stand and the brass giraffe nearby. 

Jazzy is equally enamored of our new tray setup on the ottoman.  She likes to gaze adoringly at it, just like her mom does.  


The other treasure I found while shopping was a 3-piece duvet set on clearance for only 20 bucks!  I have been searching for some new pillow shams recently, but was appalled at how much they cost!  We're talking 20 bucks for ONE sham!  Why the heck do they cost so much?  So imagine my delight when I found 2 shams, plus a duvet cover for $20!  I snatched that sucker off the shelf before anyone else could grab it. I even found a price scanner and scanned it myself to make sure this deal was for real.  It was!  

The color ties in perfectly with our quilt.  I added our old comforter inside the duvet cover and put it at the end of the bed.  It will be a nice addition when the weather turns cooler.     


While I'm still bummed about not being pregnant, a few nice things for our home does bring me some happiness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!