Sunday, September 18, 2016

Scrapbook Paper = Easy Fall Decor

Fall is coming!  That means it's time to add a few touches of fall to my home decor.  While there are a ton of cute decoration options floating around all the stores these days, I didn't want to spend a fortune.  So I opted to spend $6 on some scrapbook paper to create some of my own decor.  


The first thing I wanted to make was a banner for my mantel.  I've seen lots of cute leaf banners and thought I could create one myself.  All I needed was some twine and some leaves cut out of scrapbook paper.  I already had some leftover jute twine that I could use as the base of my banner.  And I found a darling little booklet of double-sided autumn-themed scrapbook paper at JoAnn, which also happened to be on sale for 40% off.  

Once I had my materials, I searched online for some leaf templates.  I printed them off and then used the front and back covers of the booklet to make some sturdy templates.  


Once I had all my leaves cut out, I used a small hole punch to punch a hole in each leaf.  I used a smaller hole punch so the leaves wouldn't move around on the jute twine too much.  From there, all I had to do was string on my leaves.  It turned out super cute!  


The other project was even simpler!  I cut 4 inch by 4 inch squares out of a few sheets of scrapbook paper. Once November rolls around, the squares will be used to write down one thing Adam and I are thankful for each day of November.  Then on Thanksgiving, we'll read through what we each wrote down.  We did this a few Thanksgivings ago and I recently found the paper where we wrote down the things we were thankful on. It was fun to look back and see what we were thinking about at the time.  It's just a nice way to celebrate the whole point of Thanksgiving.  

I put the squares along with a pen in a pumpkin dish.  Once we write on a square, we'll fold it up and put it in the glass pumpkin jar so we can't peek at each other's until Thanksgiving.  


Happy fall, y'all! 

Check out more fall decor ideas here and here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!