Sunday, June 25, 2017

My Growing Family

Adam and I celebrated our sixth wedding anniversary today!  While it's only been six years since we said "I do," it's hard to remember a time when Adam wasn't a part of my life.  I love Adam a gazillion times more now than I did on our wedding day.  We have been through so much together and have come out the other side a stronger couple.  

While we take weekly photographs of my growing belly, we realized we didn't have any pictures of the two of us together.  So we decided to take some time today to take some family pictures.  While lots of them are pretty cheesy, I'm sure we'll want to look back at this time in our lives.  Plus, it will be fun to show our children these photographs someday.

Before we started, I made it clear that I wouldn't be standing in a field with a long dress or baring my midriff.  While we could have hired a photographer, we ended up going the economical route and just set up a tripod and used a remote.   



We took lots and lots of photographs!  Most of them just made us laugh, but a few ended up being keepers.  


Of course we had to include our other baby Jazzy in our family portraits.  Look at what a good little model she is.  She knows how to work it for the camera.  


I had the bright idea of trying to get a picture of us laying in the hammock.  We learned that having the camera by our feet only resulted in very unflattering views of our double chins.  But putting the camera by our heads worked out much better.  And look how sweet Jazzy is, giving her brother and sister a big hug.  


We also snapped a few of us on the front porch.  I really hope all of our neighbors watched us.  They were in for a treat if they did.  Looking at all of our photos certainly made Adam and I laugh!  


Now we can rest easy knowing we've documented our growing family.  It's pretty exciting to think about next year's anniversary!  We'll have two sweet babies to add to the photos.  Hopefully they will take a cue from their photogenic sister Jazzy.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!