Friday, June 2, 2017

Second Trimester

My second trimester has been a bit of a whirlwind!  Just as I was starting to enjoy my pregnancy, we got the news that my cervix was starting to shorten.  This meant preterm labor was a possibility.  Of course that brought about some stress since my babies were no where near ready to be born, but thanks to some interventions, my cervix actually lengthened.  My doctor also told me I couldn't finish out the school year and needed to stop going to work and doing too much activity.  Things started to look more positive as the weeks progressed.  Then came time for the babies' echocardiograms.  This was a scary, nerve-wracking appointment, but turned out okay.  It wasn't all scary, though!  We finished the nursery, which I adore.  Our babies are growing big and strong and I can feel them moving all around my belly!  

Here's my second trimester in picture form: 


 






And here are three random, fun facts about my second trimester: 

1. With my background in teaching reading, I believe it is never too early to share the love of reading with your children.  So Adam and I read the babies a story most nights before I go to bed.  Jazzy usually joins us and is quite content to listen.  It's pretty darn sweet and is going to make me cry if I continue thinking about it.



2.  Longer, thicker hair is definitely a perk of pregnancy that I enjoyed throughout my second trimester. My hair has always been very fine and takes forever to grow.  But now my hair is growing like a weed and is much thicker!  I know it won't last, but I'll take it while I can.  On the flip side, I'm also growing longer, thicker hair...on my face!  I feel like I am growing a legit beard.  Luckily the hair on my face is light so it's not too noticeable.  But I definitely have to smooth it down after I put on moisturizer.  So don't look too closely at my chin line, pretty please.   

3.  Perhaps my favorite part of my second trimester has been feeling (and seeing!) the babies move!  I am in awe of those little kicks and punches.  And it's pretty cool that Adam can feel and see them now too!  

Third trimester, here we come!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!