Thursday, December 14, 2017

Jazzy's 3rd Gotcha Day

We've been pretty focused on Archer and Lyla lately, but we made sure to take some time to focus on Jazzy for her 3rd Gotcha Day.  I love Jazzy so very much and she holds such a special place in my heart.  I know I've gone on and on about what she means to me, but I feel I must reiterate some of those sentiments on her special day.  

(Photo Cred: anthem-photo.com)

I still remember when we went to "just look at her."  I convinced Adam that we could just go see if she might be a good fit for us.  We both knew I had already fallen in love with her and that she was coming home with us.  

Adam and I still can't believe our luck with Jazzy.  She's the sweetest, most well-behaved dog.  And now she can add the best big sister to her resume.  Seeing her interact with our babies makes me love her even more.  There's not a day that goes by that I don't tear up watching Jazzy with her babies.  

(Photo Cred: anthem-photo.com)

Whenever we take the babies somewhere, Jazzy is right by the door to greet them when we get home.  She sticks her head in each car seat and gives each baby kisses as soon as we set them down.  Then she'll greet Adam and I.  Several times a day, she'll wander over to wherever the babies are and stare at them while wagging her little tail.  She so badly wants them to play with her!  She'll get in her playing stance, but they can't play just yet.  In a few short months I have a feeling she'll be trying to get away from them!  

To make sure Jazzy knows how much we love her, we wanted to make her Gotcha Day special.  Ever since the twins arrived and even before when I was restricted to activity while going through IVF and for the latter half of my pregnancy, Jazzy hasn't gotten to go on her walks with me like we used to.  Now when we do go on walks, I have to bring the stroller along.  Jazzy does not care for the stroller blocking her way.  So Nana came to watch the babies so I could take Jazzy on a nice, long walk.


It was actually a really nice day and am so glad Jazzy got to enjoy the beautiful weather and my full attention.  I let her stop and sniff wherever she pleased.  I let her pick the route to take.  I even let her eat a random apple slice she found, though I drew the line at the dead bird carcass.  Sorry, Jazzy.  

In addition to her walk, we made sure Jazzy got lots of special treats.  Jazzy showed off all her tricks to her babies, in exchange for some training treats.  


And Adam brought home some salmon jerky for her.  Not what I would choose to eat, but Jazzy was a fan.     


Jazzy ended her day sleeping with us in our bed.  She has gone back to sleeping with us in our bed at night.  When we brought the babies home, she would sleep on her perch on the couch at night.  I think she wanted to stay on patrol and make sure the babies were safe.  I kinda missed her snuggling up with me and stealing half my spot.  So I'm glad she's back where she belongs, with her Mom.  

I love you, Jazzy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!