Monday, September 21, 2015

Somebody's A Good Girl

Jazzy has come a long way from the days when she would bolt out the front door and keep on running down the street.  I haven't had to chase Jazzy down the street wearing my snowman pajamas and socks in quite some time.

We have been working with Jazzy on her come command.  We practiced in the backyard and in the house without the fear of Jazzy not listening.  Lately, she's gotten really good about coming when we tell her to. I think she's more comfortable with us and knows she's got a pretty good life here.  It's worth her sweet, little doggy time to come back to us.  

Since Jazzy's been such a good girl, I decided to give her a little more room to roam without her leash. When we are few houses away from ours at the end of our walk, I've been letting her off her leash.  She stays right with me and moseys her way back to the house.  

With that under her belt, I thought I'd take things a step further.  We've had some really nice weather recently and I thought I would take advantage of the nice weather by sitting on the front porch with Jazzy.  
We taught Jazzy to sit and wait at the door before she's invited outside.  She is really good about this and I think this is what has ultimately helped with her bolting.  So, I have been letting Jazzy out on the front porch after she has waited patiently at the door.  

She is such a good girl and stays where's she's supposed to.  Although she likes to stare longingly through the railing, I think she's perfectly content to stay on the porch with me. 


She likes to keep track of all the neighbors on her front step perch.  


Occasionally, she'll wander off the porch and into the driveway.  She knows there are some bunnies in the neighbors' bushes, so she likes to keep watch.  I'm not sure if she would be able to resist the temptation to run after them if she actually saw any bunnies. 


One of Jazzy's favorite hangouts is right against the garage door.  She loves to soak up the sun and take in the warmth of the garage door.  What a life! 


I'm so proud of Jazzy!  She continues to show me how darn smart she is on a daily basis.  Who knows what she'll learn next!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!