Thursday, October 1, 2015

A Weekend Getaway

This past weekend Adam planned a fun-filled weekend getaway for us and my parents.  I'm very lucky to be married to someone who is very talented at planning trips.  Adam plans all of our trips.  He books our hotels, rental cars, looks up activities in the area, the whole shebang.  I love it!  The only thing I have to do when I go on vacation with Adam is pack my bag.  

Adam loves to go on float trips, while I'm more of an indoor kind of girl.  But Adam told me about these tree house cabins he saw right on the river while he was on one of his float trips.  He claimed they were fancy cabins that I would be impressed with.  So, I told him we could give it a shot.  We invited my parents along since they had never been on a float trip before.  

So, we arrived at our cabin in Dora, MO.  Let me tell you, it was very fancy for a cabin.  It was high up in the treetops and practically right on the river.  


Here was our view from the cabin's deck.  


It was very charming inside with cute, rustic decor.  


This is my kind of "camping" in a cabin.  


Adam and my dad fished right below the cabin.  They didn't catch anything, but made a valiant effort.  


Aside from fishing, we hiked to Inspiration Point on "Broken Ankle Trail."  It was quite the steep trek to get there, but we made it without any broken ankles.  I like to think Adam and my mom called each other to plan their matching shirts while they were packing.    


We also spent a day canoeing.  I'm happy to report neither canoe flipped over and I didn't have to swim with any fish. 


It was so nice to get away from our busy lives and enjoy each other's company.  We didn't have cell reception or internet access or cable and it was wonderful.  It's nice to unplug every once in awhile.  

Lovely scenery + nice weather + being around the people I love = the perfect weekend getaway.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!