Monday, November 2, 2015

Bed Makeover

I've been itching to get a new quilt for our bed.  While the comforter set on our bed was perfectly nice, it looked a little "bed-in-a-bag", because well, it was a "bed-in-a-bag."  It was a little too matchy-matchy and in need of a makeover.  


I've been on the lookout for a quilt for awhile now.  Everything that I've liked has been very pricey.  I like nice things, but I like getting a good deal better.  I finally found the perfect quilt this weekend.  I found the perfect patterned quilt at the perfect price.  It was only $32.99 at Ross Dress for Less.  I was on a roll this weekend because I also found a cute throw for only $19.99 at Macy's that coordinates with the quilt.  


Since the temperatures are a bit more chilly these days, I decided to put our flannel sheets on our bed. They still match the new quilt and are super cozy.  When I put them on the bed, I always put the top sheet right side down.  Like so.  


That way when I turn down the quilt and the sheet, the right side is showing.  


After I put the flannel sheets on, I added the quilt and put the throw at the end of the bed.  I used a throw pillow that I already had to add a bit of polish to the bed.  


I think our bedroom needed some more pattern.  The pattern is very pretty and mimics the pattern on our curtains.  I also like how the throw is a bit more masculine.  It's a nice contrast between the pretty quilt and the handsome throw.  


I can't wait until I get to crawl into my brand new bed.  I think it's a successful makeover! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!