Saturday, November 7, 2015

Jazzy Gets Crafty

It's no surprise that I love to do crafts.  There's just something exciting about turning a random assortment of supplies into something cute.  I have tried to pass along my love of crafting to my dog Jazzy.  But she's not really having it.  

After seeing some darling Pinterest projects involving dogs walking over a canvas with paint on their paws, I convinced Jazzy to give it a try.  It didn't exactly go as planned.  The only evidence of this project that remains are the blue paw prints on my deck.  


I don't really know why I thought this would be a good project for Jazzy.  First of all, she hates when anyone touches her feet.  She refuses to let Adam or I touch her paws, which means we have to take her to the vet to get her nails trimmed.  She's not exactly a fan of anything being on her paw either.  Once, on a walk, she stepped on some random electrical tape that was on the sidewalk.  She immediately stopped walking and help her paw up in the air until I got the tape off of her little foot.  I'm not sure why I thought she would like dipping her paw in a glob of paint.  

Clearly, I wasn't thinking this project through very well.  I'll spare you the details, but let's just say I used way too much paint and she had a blue paw for awhile.  At least I made sure it was non-toxic paint.  I should have made sure it was washable, as well.  Adam concluded that she was just cheering on her Kansas City Royals.  

I wasn't ready to let Jazzy lead a life without crafting just yet.  So I looked on Pinterest to find a more Jazzy-friendly project.  I ran into a cute idea for making paw print ornaments.  I realize it's a bit early to be thinking about Christmas, but I just couldn't resist.  Besides, the only thing Jazzy would need to do was step on a slab of dough, which would require far less stress than the paint debacle.   

Jazzy was a very good girl and put up with Adam and I squishing her paws in the dough.  It wasn't the most fun she's ever had, but she definitely liked it more than our painting project.  

I opted to let the ornaments air dry over night so they would keep their fresh, white color.  I strung some leftover silver ribbon I had through the hole so they could be easily hung up on our Christmas tree.  I also wrote Jazzy's name and the year on the back of the ornament using a silver paint pen.   


Jazzy is very proud of the final product.  I have to give her props.  She did craft some darling ornaments.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!