Monday, October 26, 2015

Simple Halloween Decor

I like to add little bits of holiday decor to my home as the seasons change.  I don't have the energy to go all out, but I do manage to put out a few simple decor items for each upcoming holiday.  Halloween's almost here, so I added some simple Halloween decor around my house.  

I decided to change up my little entryway table.  I kept a few of the items that were already there, but added some hints of Halloween.  I painted some wine bottles to resemble a ghost and a pumpkin.  And I also filled a glass pumpkin with some candy.  My intention is to hand out the candy to trick-or-treaters...that is if Adam and I don't eat it all before then.  


I swapped out my dining room table centerpiece with some simple paper pumpkins.  I made these cute pumpkins using the directions found here.  They were easy and I like the fact that they can stick around for Thanksgiving, too.  


Last year, I found these cute placemats at Bed, Bath and Beyond.  I bought a couple to put hot dishes on in the center of the table for Thanksgiving.  They are nice and thick and made of felt.  They worked out well as hotpads, but also look cute as a simple centerpiece.  I stuck one in the middle of my kitchen table to add a little something.  All it does is remind me of the leaves piling up in my backyard that need to be raked up.  Oh, the joys of fall! 


After visiting my parents this weekend and seeing their cute hand towels hung on their stove, I decided to copy them.  I added some leafy hand towels.  And that happens to be homemade chicken noodle soup cooking on the stove.  (And by homemade I mean I used frozen noodles and boxes of chicken stock.)


There you go!  A few easy ideas to get your home in a Halloween (and Thanksgiving) kind of mood!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!