Monday, April 10, 2017

Nursery Progress

I'm so excited about all the progress happening in the nursery!  I think my nesting phase has definitely hit me.  My sweet husband has been hard at work painting the plank ceiling, crown molding, closet doors and baseboards.  He bought a paint sprayer, and after working out some kinks, has decided it was worth it.  I can't believe how much cleaner and brighter all the white makes that room feel.  I must admit, I was getting slightly nervous that painting dark green on the walls might make it feel too cave-like in there. But after seeing how the white brightened things up, I'm convinced again that a dark green is the way to go! Just look at how good the bold greens look with the bright white closet doors, crown molding and plank ceiling.  

  

We've narrowed the wall color down to two different greens.  Behr's Solitary Tree is on top and Behr's Exquisite Emerald is the bottom color in the picture below.  Solitary Tree has a bit more yellow in it, while Exquisite Emerald has a bit more blue.  I honestly love them both and we're having some difficulty deciding.  Adam painted the samples Saturday night, so we're going to check in on the room throughout the day on Sunday to see how the different light throughout the day works with the colors.    


Since there's painting going on in the nursery, we've put all the baby stuff we've collected so far down the upstairs hallway and in one of the guest bedrooms.  Things are looking a little crazy around here, as evidenced by the photo below.  


I love the cribs we ended up getting!  I like the simple shape and the gray finish.  My parents ordered them through Kohls.com, so we wanted to make sure none of the pieces were damaged when they arrived on our doorstep.  Adam and I got the bright idea to assemble them in the guest bedrooms to make sure all the pieces were in good shape.  We also thought we could just move them into the nursery once the painting was done.  Well, we didn't think to measure the opening of the door before we put one the cribs together.  Turns out, they are wider than the door.  So we now have a crib assembled that we will have to un-assemble in order to get it into the nursery.  Oops.  At least we got some practice putting it together.  

I have been collecting artwork to hang in the nursery for awhile now and I'm pretty excited about what we'll eventually hang up in the nursery.  The gray giraffe cutout and the "Let Them Be Little" piece came from Hobby Lobby.  They were birthday purchases from my mom.  (Thanks, Mom!)  The "You Are My Sunshine" canvas came from the clearance aisle at TJ Maxx a long time ago, even before I was pregnant. And the Noah's ark crosstitch was actually made by my grandma and given to my parents when I was a baby.  How sweet is it that it will now hang in my babies' nursery?  I also plan to get baby pictures of both Adam and me to hang up there.   


We also found a dresser on Craigslist that we are going to use as our changing table.  It is solid wood and in really good shape.  There are a few scratches on the top, but since we plan to put the changing pad on top, it's not really a big deal.  We're going to keep the wood tone it has, which I think will give the nursery some warmth.


Things are coming together!  I'll keep you posted on the progress!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!