Monday, February 15, 2016

Heartbroken on Valentine's Day

Well, Adam and I spent Valentine's Day heartbroken.  We found out that our last IUI attempt didn't pan out.  We aren't pregnant.  To say we were heartbroken is a bit of an understatement.  

I think we both really thought we would end up pregnant this time around.  We were both really hopeful and positive.  Which, of course, only seemed to make things worse when we found out it hadn't happened for us this month.  

Three years ago, on Valentine's Day, we found out we were pregnant with our first baby.  I remember being in shock and not really believing it was true.  So now, Valentine's Day is always a bittersweet day for us.  We can't help but think about what our sweet baby girl would have been like if we'd had the chance to meet her.  And we're reminded of the fact that we are still without a baby.  

Let me clarify.  We're still without a human baby.  We do have our sweet little Jazzy.  And she sure does offer us lots of love and comfort.


And Valentine's Day does remind me to be thankful for all the loving people I have in my life.  I'm super lucky to have parents who continue to support me wholeheartedly through this frustrating struggle with infertility.  And, of course, I have Adam.  He's in this struggle with me and always there for me.  


We'll just keep moving forward and staying hopeful that we'll get to be parents in the near future.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!