Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Stitch Fix

Have you heard of Stitch Fix?  I kept seeing ads online for Stitch Fix and was intrigued.  The basic premise is you fill out an online profile of your style and wardrobe needs and wants.  Then, a stylist will pull together 5 pieces of clothing and accessories.  The items will be sent to your door so you can try them on in your own house.  You can then decide to either keep the items or send them back.  

I decided it would make me happy to try it out, so I signed up.  You pay a $20 styling fee, which can be put towards any item you decide to purchase.  I got my first Stitch Fix in the mail the other day and it felt like Christmas morning when I saw that it had arrived!   


I ripped that sucker open and started trying on the items my stylist sent right away!  I felt so fancy, having a stylist to call my own!  It was quite fun to have a little fashion show right in my own bedroom.


Overall, it was lots of fun and I'd love to try it again.  There were some definite pros, including: 
-The stylist really listened to what I wanted.  There was even a note included that told why she picked each item and how it could work for me.  
-There were style cards included that gave you ideas of what other clothing and accessories you could pair with each item.
-I got the chance to try some items that I never would have picked out for myself.
-You can try on the pieces with the rest of your wardrobe, since you get to try the pieces on in your own home.  I was able to see how the items would look with the clothing I already own.  

On the flip side there are a few things to consider, such as: 
-The cost.  The items ranged in price from $29-$99.  Being a bargain shopper, I don't typically spend that much money on my clothing.  There's not room in my budget to buy all the clothing or to have Stitch Fix after Stitch Fix sent.  But it's fun to splurge every once in awhile.  I can see myself doing this again for a special occasion, but it certainly won't be a monthly experience for me. 
-If you don't like any of the items and decide not to buy anything, you loose the $20 styling fee.

Overall, it was a fun experience and I'd love to try it out again!  I ended up keeping one of the shirts.  It's a black top that is flowy on the top, but fitted around the waist.  It's not something that I would have tried on had I seen it on a rack, but I really like it!  And I was able to try it on with a skirt and some jeans I already had.  



If you are interested in trying out a Stitch Fix for yourself, feel free to use the following referral code: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!