Saturday, October 29, 2016

Mums

Mums are synonymous with fall to me.  So whenever fall rolls around, I always pick up some mums to plant in the big pot in the front of our house.  Mums are super hardy, so they can withstand cooler temperatures.  They also come in lots of pretty colors.  Last year I went with bright yellow.  But this year I picked out some pinkish-purple ones.  


They always seem to do very well in this location.  I make sure to water them at least every other day and they get to soak up the morning sun in the front of the house.

In addition to adding some cheer to the outside of our house, I also use mums to brighten up the inside of our home.  Mums last for a long time after they have been cut.  So I sprinkle them throughout the house.  I stick some in my nightstand caddy.    



I fill up the mason jar centerpiece on the dining room table.  It adds some nice fall charm while we're eating dinner.  At least on the rare occasion we eat dinner at the table instead of in front of the tv.    


I also added a small little bouquet of mums in our half bathroom.  It ties in nicely with the Mrs. Meyer's mum-scented hand soap I recently found at Target.  


I've had the mums in our half bathroom for over a week now and they are still going strong.  When they eventually do bite the dust, I can always cut some more from the pot out front.  I spent six bucks on the mums for the pot, which is pretty inexpensive.  Especially when you consider all the different ways you can decorate with mums inside your home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!