Saturday, July 23, 2016

Nightstand Caddy

I've been on the hunt for something to house my cell phone while it's charging at night.  I wanted it to look pleasing to the eye and also to solve my problem of having to crawl around on my hands and knees to look for the charger cord underneath my nightstand each night.  I hadn't had much luck, but I hit the jackpot the other day at Michael's.  I found a charming little wood caddy.  It is wooden with chalkboard rectangles on each side.  I'm not quite sure what the official purpose of this piece was, but I knew it would be perfect as a nightstand caddy.    



In order for my phone charger cord to go in the back of the caddy, I asked Adam to drill a hole.  He drilled a hole that allows the charger cord to pass through, but is very snug.  This keeps the cord from falling out of the caddy.  I'm so happy I will know exactly where my cord is each night instead of trying to find it behind my nightstand.    


I couldn't figure out what to add to the chalkboard label on the front, so I just went with a "Bunch of Stuff" label.  It does describe what's going on inside the caddy.  I used a chalk marker to write on the label.   


Now my caddy was ready for its "stuff."  One compartment houses my cell phone.  Another holds hand lotion and lip balm.  (I always seem to realize I need lip balm or that my hands are dry as soon as I lay down in bed.)  A third compartment contains a notepad and pen. (I don't know about you, but I always think of things I need to do or remember when I lay down.  Now I don't have to get out of bed to write them down.)  The final compartment houses a juice glass with some fresh flowers.   


I love the roominess and versatility of this caddy.  Plus, I can easily switch out the items.  And it does what I hoped it would- charge my cell phone in a cute, organized way.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!