Sunday, January 10, 2016

How to Get Rid of the Blahs

For the most part, I am pretty positive and hopeful these days.  I have managed to keep my spirits up and look for the simple joys in life.  However, we all have those days when we just feel blah.  It's perfectly normal and is just part of being a human.  I hate when I have a blah day, so I try all sorts of things to get rid of that blah feeling.  While I'm no stranger to eating cupcakes and drinking wine, I do try to focus on things that are slightly more healthy.  I am sharing my ideas with you in the hopes that they will help you banish any blah day that comes your way.

Don't underestimate the power of flowers.  

Having flowers in my house just makes me more cheery.  I usually get a small, cheap bouquet at the grocery store and if you use the packet of flower food that comes with it, they usually last quite awhile.  I put them in a place that I will walk by often.  I really do find myself smiling when I see them.  


Retail therapy, anyone? 

Shopping rarely gets old for me.  I especially enjoy shopping when I can find a bargain.  That's why when I'm feeling blah, I will scour the clearance aisles at Target, TJ Maxx and Kirkland's, just to name a few.  I look for cheap things to add to my home decor.  I found this cute wooden tray at Target for under 4 bucks!  I put the salt and pepper shakers on it, along with a star votive candle I got from Goodwill and a tiny syrup bottle that came with my pancakes from Cracker Barrel that I turned into a bud vase.  Voila! Instant mood lifter.  



Good ol' Netflix.

Sometimes you just need to escape and Netflix allows you to do just that.  While it's not the most productive mode of blah-blasting, it does work wonders.  My current faves are New Girl and Dear Genevieve.  Who doesn't love a quirky sitcom and home design show?  

Find yourself a Jazzy.

Dogs have a knack for making people feel better.  They seem to know exactly when you need a snuggle or when they need to do something cute.  Even if you don't have a dog, go visit a friend who does have one. Or go to a shelter and play with the pups there.  You might just end up taking one home, but your life would be better if you did.  I promise!  

Adam took this picture of Jazzy and I when we (okay, maybe it was just me) fell asleep watching a movie. Look at that expert snuggling Jazzy's got going on.  


I hope your blah days are few and far between! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!