Saturday, January 16, 2016

Some Sweet Valentine's Day Decor

Valentine's Day is just around the corner.  It's one of my favorite holidays because it's all about letting the people you love know just how much you care about them.  To help me get excited about Valentine's Day, I put up some sweet decor around the house.  

Last year, my mom gave me the idea to make a heart garland.  So, with some ribbon, felt and hot glue, I whipped one up.  It was super easy, too.



Here's all you need to do: 
1. Cut heart shapes out of felt squares.  I went with a red, light pink, hot pink and gray color scheme.  
2. Hot glue some smaller hearts on top of larger hearts to add some dimension.  
3. Cut two slits on the top of each heart for the ribbon to go through.
4. Thread the ribbon through the slits in the heart.
5. Use a dab of hot glue between the ribbon and the hearts to keep them from sliding around on the ribbon.  
6. Tie the ends of the ribbons in bows.
7. Hang up your garland.  I went with the very classy scotch tape route. 
8. Smile every time you look at your cute new garland! :) 


In addition to thinking about all the people I love when Valentine's Day comes to mind, I also think about candy.  And what better way to house candy than with a darling candy dish?  I found this candy dish at TJ Maxx on clearance for 2 bucks!


It's only a matter of time before all those M & M's are gone.

With all my decorations in place, I'm ready for Valentine's Day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!