Tuesday, January 12, 2016

"If We Get a Dog, It Will Not Be Allowed In Our Bed."


That would be what Adam told me when we were in preliminary talks about getting a dog.  Fast forward a year.  The arm in the above picture is Adam's arm.  And that arm is located in our bed.  Yep, Jazzy has weaseled her way into our bed.

I am to blame.  When Adam had to go out of town a few months back, I picked up Jazzy and plopped her in bed with me each night.  I was lonely and there was room.  When Adam got back home, Jazzy seemed to know that her stay in our bed was over.  However, if I would lay in bed and read before Adam got into bed, Jazzy would sit ever so patiently by my side of the bed with the cutest possible face staring up at me.  It's really hard to ignore a face like that.  So, I would pick her up and let her lay with me until Adam came to bed when he would pick her up and put her back in her bed.  He never really said anything about it, so Jazzy and I assumed it was okay.    

After all, Adam did introduce the pillow loophole.  Adam throws two pillows on the floor once he gets into bed.  Jazzy assumed those pillows were meant for her, so she started to sleep there at night.  


I guess Jazzy thought that she could get away with sleeping on her pillows even if they were on the bed. Technically she was on her pillows and not on our bed.  

While I was washing the sheets this past weekend, I walked into our room to find this darling sight.  


Instead of making her get off the bed, I just decided to take a picture.  I mean, seriously, how cute is she in that picture?  

Jazzy's getting even bolder.  I came home from work today to find evidence that she once again decided to sleep on her pillows...which also happened to be on our bed.  


Boy, does she have us wrapped around her little paw!  While we don't let her sleep with us most nights, we'll occasionally let her get in bed with us on weekend mornings so she'll sleep longer and let us sleep longer in return.  

Who am I kidding?  It will probably only be a matter of time before she's nestled in between us each night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!