Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Jazzy's Travel Tips

Jazzy loves a new adventure, especially when it involves a ride in the car.  Whether Jazzy is traveling with Adam and I or visiting her Grandma and Grandpa, there are a few things that Jazzy likes me to do to make her travels go smoothly.  

Share Her Instructions 

Adam and I know Jazzy the best out of anybody.  We know exactly what she likes.  So it makes sense to share what we know about Jazzy whenever she is visiting someone else while her mom and dad go on their own vacations.  Jazzy likes me to share tips about when and what she eats, how often she needs to go outside and the kinds of snacks she can enjoy.  I usually put all the information in a Google doc and print it out for whoever is going to take care of Jazzy.  I also like to include Jazzy's vet's contact information and the number of a local vet and emergency pet clinic.  



Pack Her Favorite Things 

Whether Jazzy will be coming along with Adam and I or if she will be away from us, she likes to have her favorite things around her.  Having her favorite things around helps her feel more comfortable in her new environment.  I always make sure Jazzy has her bed and a favorite toy.



Keep Everything Together 

Jazzy likes to keep all of her stuff in one place when traveling.  She likes to make sure she won't accidentally leave anything behind and has everything right where she needs it.  So she asks me to put all of her items in one bag when we're traveling.  I use a reusable grocery bag to hold all her essentials.  I pack her food with a scoop in a baggie for easy transport, treats, dental bones, any medicine she might need, harness, leash, collar, poop bags and favorite toy.  And Jazzy always makes sure I pack her doggy travel mug so she has water while she travels.  



Happy traveling, Jazzy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!