Monday, June 27, 2016

The Importance of Reaching Out

Over these past few weeks, I have been blown away by the kindness my friends and even complete strangers have offered me.  After getting a second opinion from Dr. Brabec, it seems like IVF will most likely be the direction Adam and I have to take if we want to have our own biological children.  I'm not throwing the hope that we could randomly get pregnant on our own out the door, but I'm trying to also be realistic about our chances.  

In an effort to get more information on the whole IVF process, I decided to reach out to others.  I asked if there were any of my friends on Facebook who went through IVF and would be willing to share their experiences with me.  I was overwhelmed with the kind responses I received.  

People so generously came forward to talk to me and offer up their stories.  I even had a friend connect me with someone who was a complete stranger to me.  I met up with her at a coffee shop and was so thankful for her willingness to share.  We were complete strangers, yet having both been through fertility struggles, it seemed as if we shared some connection.  

All of these people's kindness reminded me of how important it is to reach out to people.  It doesn't matter the situation, people need each other.  I've been the recipient of others reaching out to me, I hope that I can reach out to others, as well.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!