Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Jazzy Gets Jazzier

Jazzy wanted to add a little more pizzazz to her look.  I told her I would be more than happy to help her out.  Jazzy doesn't really care for wearing much more than her harness.  However, she didn't mind wearing the bandanna that the gals who give Jazzy her haircuts put on her the last time she went.  



So I told Jazzy that I would make her another bandanna to wear since her Easter-themed one doesn't fit the season.

I have lots of fabric scraps leftover from other projects.  I let Jazzy pick out which fabric she liked best. She picked out a cute polka dot pattern.    


Once she had her fabric picked out, I made a pattern that I could use to help me cut out the shape of the bandanna.  It is basically a v-shape.  The distance between the two ends is Jazzy's neck measurement (12 inches) plus 8 inches to allow for a knot to be tied.


I placed the pattern on the fabric and pinned it in place.  From there, I cut around the pattern with pinking shears.  Using pinking shears will help keep the fabric from unraveling.  


The only thing left to do was tie the bandanna around Jazzy's neck.  She felt very fancy wearing it and was more than happy to model it for me.  


I'm sure your pet would enjoy a bandanna just as much as Jazzy enjoys hers!  Plus, it's a great way to make use of all those fabric scraps.    



Jazzy was such a good model it was hard to narrow down which photos to use in this post!  So here's one more, just for good measure.  I love that sweet face!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!