Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Getting the Bathroom Ready for Babies

I am quickly learning that babies require a lot of stuff.  That stuff tends to end up in places all around the house, not just in the nursery.  My latest project in preparation for the twins' arrival was getting the bathroom ready.  Our guest bathroom will now be known as the babies' bathroom.

One thing that needed to be done in order to make room for the babies' stuff was to clear out the vanity cabinets.  There wasn't a whole lot of stuff in there, but it was slowly becoming a catchall for all the stuff that didn't have a home.  


So I cleared out the cabinets today, wiped them down and put in some contact paper.  The contact paper helps finish off the cabinets and makes them look far nicer than they did.  It was a little tricky to get my pregnant body maneuvered around to get it installed.  But with a few breaks and some creativity, I made it happen.  


I even lined the drawers.  We don't have anything housed in there just yet, but I'm sure we'll add some of the babies' toiletry items in there once we get them.  You know, things like combs, brushes, thermometers, baby medicine, and so on and so forth.  Eventually I'll get some drawer dividers to help organize everything.  But it doesn't make sense to get those until I know what exactly we'll need to organize.  


I did, however, use bins and baskets that I already had to organize the supplies that we do already have on hand.  I could have bought all new, matching bins, but decided to just use what I already had to save some money.  Since we'll have only one income soon, I figured I had better start getting thrifty where I can.  

Along with gathering and using bins and baskets, I also made some cute labels to help further organize everything.  It turned out pretty nice and definitely looks better than it did.  

I kept things like the humidifier and scale on the left side of the cabinets.  I put a basket of Jazzy's doggy shampoo and conditioner in the center, along with a basket that will eventually hold the babies' bathing supplies.  The right side now has bins with the babies' washcloths and towels, along with some extra toilet paper.  


Jazzy was happy that her products didn't get booted from her bathroom.  I have to keep reminding her that she'll still be our baby, even when the twins arrive.  


It's safe to say our babies' bathroom is looking more welcoming and organized.   


But the babies don't need to hurry out just to see their new bathroom.  It will still be waiting for them many weeks from now.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!