Saturday, May 27, 2017

Things to Make Pregnancy a Little More Comfortable

Pregnancy can certainly be uncomfortable at times, but I'm not complaining!  The minor discomforts I've felt so far are well worth the two sweet babies growing in my belly!  

I have found a few things that have helped make me a bit more comfortable and thought I would share them today in case you are pregnant or know someone who is pregnant.  


Sleeping started to get uncomfortable pretty early on in my pregnancy.  After doing a bit of research online, I found quite an abundance of pregnancy pillows.  They all seemed super expensive, however.  I asked a friend if they were worth the hype and she said yes and recommended the Leachco Snoogle.  So I went for it and bought one at Bed, Bath & Beyond.  I used a coupon, which helped with the cost.  Let me tell you, after using it for a few months, I would happily pay well over what I spent.  It makes finding a comfortable sleeping position so much better!  Especially when you have to start sleeping on your side. 

With all the stretching my belly has been enduring, I'm happy that I found this lotion!  I'm well into my third container of it and I don't have any stretch marks yet.  (Though I'm sure I'll end up with some stretch marks being pregnant with twins.)  I think using this lotion has helped so far.  It's also helped any itchiness I've felt on my belly.  And I like the fact that it is 99% natural.  

After I started showing, I decided that I needed some new underwear.  I found some on clearance at Motherhood Maternity so I got a few pairs.  They were the kind that sit below your belly and I ended up hating them.  They would fall down as the day went on and it was super annoying to have to keep pulling them up.  So I tried these "fold over" underwear next, which I also found on clearance.  I think you are supposed to actually fold them over, but I keep them unfolded.  They still sit well under my belly button, but they stay up!   

I think the main reason I haven't gotten any stretch marks yet is because I drink water like crazy!  (This also means I go to the bathroom about every 30 minutes.  Oh well!)  Staying hydrated also helps keep contractions at bay, which I definitely want to do since these babies have lots more growing to do.  I love this water bottle because it keeps water cold for hours and hours and doesn't sweat on the outside.  The opening is also big enough to fit ice cubes into.

All my bras stopped fitting a long time ago.  So my mom took me shopping to find one bigger and more comfortable.  I ended up trying on this bra and love it!  In fact, I keep buying the same style each time I need a new size.  It is super comfortable!  It doesn't have an underwire, but does have some built in cups. I can also wear it under shirts with low necklines (why are most maternity shirts super low-cut?) and it just looks like I have a tank top on underneath.  

There you have it.  All I've figured out about staying comfortable while pregnant.  Hope these items might help out others!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!