Thursday, May 11, 2017

The Nursery Reveal

I am so excited to share our babies' nursery with you all today!  While there are still little things here or there that need to be tweaked or added, the majority of the space is finished!  This space has quickly become one of my favorite rooms in our house.  Not only because it is for our sweet babies, but because Adam and I (with some help from our families) created the space together.

I adore the wall color!  We went with Behr's Solitary Tree and I think it is perfect for this space.  Along with the green, we added lots of white and hints of gray.  


The cribs were bought on Kohls.com.  (Thanks, Mom and Dad!)  Along with being solid wood and free of toxic finishes, they are pretty darn nice.  They can also be used as toddler beds and came with the conversion kit.  My sweet grandma got us the crib mattresses.  (Thanks, Mama!)  They were also ordered from Kohls.com and are nontoxic. 


How cute is this little corner?!  The glider came from Target and was kindly given to us by Adam's mom. (Thanks, Janet!)  It goes perfectly with all the other gray touches in the room, is covered in easy-to-clean microfiber and is super comfy.  The curtains were certainly worth the wait!  I ordered them from this Etsy shop and am super pleased with them!  Not only is the fabric adorable, but they are well made and feature a blackout lining.  I convinced Adam to hang the left side of the curtains well away from the window to help let in more light and make the window seem larger than it really is.   

  

We got lucky to find this dresser on Craigslist.  It is solid wood and in really good shape.  I added the changing pad, a wipe warmer and basket of supplies on top.  Now it's the perfect changing station!  It also offers lots of storage, which is nice. 


The cute little gallery wall above the changing table makes me smile whenever I look at it.  I included some baby pictures of both Adam and I so we can see who our babies resemble.  The Noah's Ark cross stitch was actually given to my parents by my Grandma when I was just a baby and I love that I can now hang it in my babies' nursery. 


Here's a view from the corner with the window.  We decided to keep the door wood so it would match the existing doors in our house.  The roomy closet is tucked away in that side of the room. 


The closet also got some love.  My dad gave it a fresh coat of white paint and it's already starting to fill up with cute clothes!  


I decided to hang up all the shirts, onesies, dresses and pajamas since there's plenty of hanging space.  I whipped up some size dividers using a cereal box and some paint to help organize all the different sized clothes we have.  


We were able to fit another dresser inside the closet, which offers even more storage.  The top drawer houses our son's pants, shorts and socks.  


And the second drawer houses the same for our daughter.  


The shelving in the closet now holds lots of diapers.  I have no idea how many diapers we'll end up using on a daily basis, but I figure this ought to at least get us started!  


The floor of the closet has a cute laundry bin that I found at TJ Maxx.  I'm sure that will get filled up rather quickly once the babies arrive!  I'm also keeping the boppys and feeding pillow in there for now.  


I'm loving all the other little details around the room.  The mobiles above the cribs are hung up and ready to be stared at.  We've tested them out with the window open and the fan running and they've held up to both.  


I also have a soft spot in my heart for the big ol' bin of books next to the glider.  I can just see the babies and I sitting in the rocker reading bedtime stories together.  


I love how the room is plenty cute for babies, but can easily be transitioned to a big boy or girl room as our kids get older.  There are some darling nurseries out there, but sometimes they are definitely geared more towards babies.  I'm sure that Adam and I will have our hands full in the years to come and we didn't want to create a room that we'll have to redo in a few years.

Even though the nursery is ready to go, I hope our babies don't get to see the inside of it for quite some time!  They still have lots of growing inside my belly to do!     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!