Friday, May 27, 2016

I'm So Fancy!

I tell myself I am so fancy every time I open up my closet now.  Why?  Because I swapped out all my mismatched plastic hangers for matching fancy velvet hangers!

As someone who adores all things neat and orderly, I can't begin to tell you how much I love staring at my new hangers.  I have my mom to thank for them.  I asked for them for my birthday back in April and finally got around to swapping out the old hangers for the new ones.  Thanks, Mom! 

All of my clothes and shoes fit in my closet and the dresser in my bedroom.  And I keep all my clothing available all year long.  The thought of switching out clothing with the seasons doesn't sound fun to me, so I just keep everything out all year long.


I am a little picky when it comes to hangers.  I can't stand wire hangers and hate the plastic ones you get from the store.  I remember when Adam and I moved in together, he had these plastic hangers with the swivel hooks and they drove me bonkers!  I would put a few in with the recycling when he wasn't paying attention and replace them with normal plastic hangers.  I don't think he ever even noticed!  

I always dreamed of having wooden hangers in my closet.  I eventually got some to hang up our coats in the coat closet downstairs.  I love them, but realized that they take up quite a bit of space.  If I were to put wooden hangers in my clothes closet I would have to cut down my already slim wardrobe down by half.


I eventually decided I wanted slim velvet hangers and I wanted them to be all one color so they would match.  The slim design meant I could fit more clothes in my closet and the velvet meant my clothes wouldn't slip off the hangers.  I picked out the hangers below from Home Goods for my birthday.  Home Goods, Marshall's and TJ Maxx are great places to buy hangers.  I think the 30 pack was in the $12-$15 range.  I did have a look at few different stores to get enough packs of the same color.


It was super exciting to add such pretty hangers to my closet!  I love that they all match and my clothes stay on the hangers a lot better.  


I even enjoy putting away my laundry more now since adding the hangers to my closet.


After looking at the mound of plastic hangers that had accumulated on my bed during the hanger swap, I realized there were enough white plastic hangers for all Adam's hanging clothing.  So now we both have matching hangers, even though mine are far more fancy than Adam's.  Somehow I don't think he'll mind.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!