Sunday, May 22, 2016

Use Whatcha Got

I don't know about you, but I like to change things up around my house from time to time.  It's very tempting to go out and buy new things, but that's not very budget-savvy.  I have found that rotating the home decor items I already own is an easy way to get a new look without breaking the bank.  There's a closet in one of our guest rooms that is full of all kinds of home decor items.  I stick things I'm tired of using in there or random clearance finds that I pick up.  The funny thing is, after something has been in the closet for awhile, it almost becomes a new item again.  I will look in that closet when I want to change something up and forget about all the cool treasures I put in there.  

I was getting a bit bored of my laundry room shelves.  They were perfectly cute, but I just wanted to make them more exciting.  


So I look everything off the shelves and found everything was coated in a nice, thick layer of dust.  I guess I need to do a better job of dusting!  After I removed all the dust, I spread out all the items.  Then I took a trip to my guest room closet and pulled out some items that could work with what I already had going on in the laundry room.  It looked like a hot mess at this point, but that's all part of the fun.  


I decided to reuse a few of the items that were already on the shelves.  Then I also added a few items from my closet.  I did add a $3 bucket I found at The Dollar Spot at Target.  That's it, though.  I ended up with a whole new shelf display for only 3 bucks!   


To add some function to the shelves, I put out the basket on the middle shelf, which houses some toothbrushes I use for removing stains and a lingerie bag.  I put some washing machine cleaning tablets in the flowered tin.  And I added a white dish to the bottom shelf so I can put random things I find in Adam's pockets in there for safe-keeping. 

I found this free butterfly printable that works perfectly with the color scheme I've got going on.  After looking at the finished shelves, I realized I made them a bit more girly than before.  But that's okay because Adam doesn't spend a whole lot of time in there.  

I like that the shelves are pretty to look at with a little function hidden in.  This is the perfect example of how to use whatcha got to create some new decor.  


Not bad for a half hour and 3 bucks!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts!